System Configuration Design
There are many ways to configure your networks and administrative support systems to provide secure access for home or back office staff, agents, brokers, customers, carriers, and reinsurers or any other stakeholders.
Our services include capacity planning, evaluation of configuration alternatives, and system design.
MDI's experience in system implementation can help you organize your resources to meet your implementation objectives, deadlines, and budget. Many variables affect the implementation approach that will be most effective for your organization:
- The time constraints for project completion
- The complexity of the product, systems, or functions to be implemented
- The scope and complexity of needed modifications
- The number and complexity of interfaces
- The skills and availability of in-house resources
We can help you devise and manage the process that best keeps your project on time and within budget.
Effective planning and project management are crucial elements in the success of any major business project. New software installation, system conversions, workflow redesign...even the most technologically advanced, functionally robust system will be ineffective if its implementation is poorly managed.
MDI project management services help you manage:
- Definition of project scope, schedule, and responsibilities
- Detailed requirements definition
- Modification analysis and specifications
- Interface specifications and design
- Reports specifications and design
- Technical, user, and management training
- Installation and production procedure management
MDI provides utilities for converting historical data and table configuration for inclusion in conversion activities. Additional custom conversion programs can be developed as needed to match the data formats or special handling requirements of existing data files. MDI services include initial data analysis, modification or development of conversion utilities, and review/testing of converted data.
MDI conversion utilities provide:
- Integrity checks
- Compare version edits
- Cross reference checks
- Data dictionary reports
- Unreferenced objects reports
- Custom conversion programs
- Balancing reports
Workflow analysis and business process reengineering services from MDI help you streamline the assignment, handling, and completion of tasks, particularly in the areas of insurance application processing and insurance-related customer service.
Specific areas of study include:
- Work assignment/priority setting/special handling
- Work routing/work queue management/workflow distribution
- Workload monitoring and reassignment
- Exception handling procedures
- Status tracking
- Management reports